View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 18:43   Link #202
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
This is sort of a commonsense thing for people who've played MMOs on release day.
It does remind me of the complaints from the first ep thread about that topic... but yes, anyone who's ever played a new MMO on day one, or expansion on day one, or even read about one should understand.

You routinely get hordes of people doing the exact same things, because that's exactly how theme park MMO's lead people to the next thing to do, and you get these terrible queues of people lining up and waiting for that one quest mob to re-spawn, so it can be killed. It's fairly possible things didn't work that way in SAO with the fear of death (also because it obviously isn't that type of MMO), but I'm willing to bet the fields outside the starter city were pretty bad on day one... and once someone dies to a NPC mob... it's all going downhill fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
It's seriously damn weird how the Army's extorting stuff from people who probably can't even kill a Boar to earn Col. If ever, I think what they're doing is simply terrorizing.
The kids they had cornered there had arms and amor... seems fairly likely they caught them on their way back to meeting up with their sensei after doing some low-level farming, and wanted their cut and alllll~ those back 'taxes' too. Probably in the form of the little girls clothes...
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote