View Single Post
Old 2008-04-24, 21:10   Link #194
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONJE View Post
Your 100% right... everything you say is true. Kaname has pretty much been a saint. He has sacrificed his own feelings for her perfection. He truly loves her indeed. However, I just don't like it. Maybe it's that messy brown hair or the fact that everyone treats him as a king, but I just don't like him at all.

Zero on the other hand, he's kind of an ass, but I like him much better. I do wish he would get over this hatred of vampires crap. Since the blood pills don't work for him, he should understand the curse (or gift) more than anyone.

If this were an American written story/movie/comic I would say without a doubt that Zero and Yuki are the ones who will ultimately be together. But like so many other Mangas or an Animes, you don't usually get the most desired ending.
JMG
I've noticed how everyone keeps saying Kaname is perfect and he's a saint. Frankly, I see him as quite the opposite. Of the two, Zero would probably be closer to being categorized as a saint than Kaname. Zero is the one, of the two, who has not killed anyone or manipulated anyone, or even used force on anyone for any reason. Aside for his uncontrollable blood lust, Zero really has a kind heart; he still believed to the very last minute that Ichiru had cared about their parents. However, the one factor that doesn't fit him perfectly as a saint is the fact that he fails to actually helped anyone, even himself (and that is the only thing that annoys me about him).

Kaname, on the other hand, murdered Shizuka; does not hesitate to reprimand his vampire friends in a very strict manner should they go against him regarding Yuuki (and Aidou knows this very well), and frankly he isn't hesitant to kill anyone be they vampires or humans should they get in his way. Like I said many times before, Kaname can be very cruel should he wants to be. The only thing that saves his character from being outright sinister is the fact that he becomes cruel for the sake of others. This is especially shown in the death scene with Shizuka. Shizuka basically said that he cursed himself when he chose to kill and drink her blood, and Kaname willingly, though sadly, admits it. That scene basically says that Kaname has sold his soul to the devil in order to protect those he love. I suppose one can argue that that part of him would make him a saint but a tainted one. Yet to consider the true definition of a saint, Zero would probably be closer. Shizuka also said that Kaname now appears to her more of a vampire than ever before. But overall, Kaname isn't perfect. He can be cruel, he can be selfish, he can be cold and uncaring - he is capable of all that. He is all that. But I believe it is his love for Yuuki that has held him back from being another Rido.

And, seriously, Zero needs to get his butt into gear, and stop being the victim all the time. I sympathize him but sympathy can only go so far. You have to do something about your own fate and your own life. I'm waiting to see how he will act hereon, now that his crutch Yuuki is no longer there.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote