View Single Post
Old 2008-06-05, 10:30   Link #5
GUTB_

My review isn't as unrelentingly positive as yours. I'll will say, however, that it is officially in the top 5 of all eroge of all time. But some key failures:

1. All the other girls' routes besides Haru's are unimpressive. Without Maou or Usami, the game would be nothing.

2. Artist is kind of sub-par. He's better than in Sayrin, but the art definately looks like it's a notch bellow the expectation level of such a anticipated title.

3. Tired mistake in the main story -- a lot of otherwise great stories make this damn error, and I wish writers would stop using it. It makes them look ameturish and alienates the reader. Sayrin had an awesome love-conqouers-all, emotionally satisfying good end.

This game is all about the detective action-drama between Maou and Usami, and when it's doing this it's a great game you can't miss. THis game officially settles the scenario writer into the top of the current industry writers. While not a legendary work of greatness nor does it quite deserve to be called a masterpiece, it is a clearly superior game that will be remembered as one of the media's finest.
GUTB_ is offline   Reply With Quote