Thread: Licensed Kara No Kyokai
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-30, 18:01   Link #1273
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Just finished re-watching the movie the second time (mine's from the Chinese subs) and I must say...

AZAKA IS

... Ehem, anyway...

I must say this movie has elevated Azaka's place in my heart . Some people say she's like a less stuffy Akiha but personally I feel she's more like Rin: smart, daruing, a bit of the (adorable) klutz but less pretentious and more forthcoming. There's one or two bits in the movie that tried to make her act cute (which quite annoyed me) but on the overall she ends up to be a very likeable girl, open about her feelings, or at least when she's alone with Shiki . That's what I like about Azaka: she's honest and she's proud of her own convictions, even though she knows they run counter social norms.

And she and Shiki makes a good manzai pair, though it's hard to tell who's the boke and who's the tsukkomi sometimes

On the movie itself, I'd say ufotable delivers a good piece of work again. Compared to the other chapters, this one has a really light-hearted feel and, as Malkuth said, serves as calm before the storm. However, I notice that a major chunk of the plot has been cut off, perhaps to streamline the story to fit into one hour. This imho is a pity, because the original chapter is actually somewhat darker than the movie and some parts of the story could have been clearer/more coherent had they not removed those details.

Imho, they should have kept these parts included (from what I can still remember):

Spoiler for Novel spoilers, recollected from faulty memories. Proceed with caution and take things with a spade of salt =3:

And yes, that last part, that final part after the ED.... (>_<)b
thanks for the explanation.
Kind of disapointed..seemed like the movie cut out a lot of things, like compared to your summary and the movie, the movie covered only 40% of the actual story.