View Single Post
Old 2009-09-09, 09:24   Link #44
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I've been in Venice, since it's just 2 hours of train from my place. Let me tell it's actually wonderful, I mean you don't get to see such views that often. My favourite attractions must be the Bridge of Sighs, although there's admittedly plenty. I even visited "La Fenice" theatre from outside when it had just burnt. (1996 or 97 I guess). Of course now they've rebuilt it and it's all another thing.
Must be nice to live so close to so much historic architecture.

Quote:
A few inconveniences:

- There are a lot of very tight allies (the "calli") whereas the air stinks. I think it's just to due the city's constitution and connected to the sewage system. Since those are almost closed spaces, the air is very slow in going up, hence the bad smell.
Yeah, this is the main thing I was talking about when I said the real thing couldn't live up to neo-Venicia.

Quote:
- If possible, avoid "high season" periods, because there'd be so much tourists you'd even have problem to stand up (especially in S.Marco's Square). I usually go there in April or May, when the temperature is already good, and not much tourists yet.
- Bring supplies (food and drinks) from outside if possible. Prices are obscene (like 5 euros for a water glass).
Those two are expected for any popular tourist area. Still, 5 euros for a glass of water?

Quote:
- Remember there are indeed gondoliers, but not Undine
And that'd be my second reason. Still, when and if I get married, I'll try my hardest to convince whoever it is to go there for our honeymoon. I doubt it'll be hard to convince a girl of that though, unless money is a major issue. Explaining why I want to take a picture of the coast from one particular location that doesn't really have much around it on the other hand... I'm not sure "But that's the view from Aria Company" is going to make much sense unless she's also a fan.