View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 21:51   Link #3275
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's the problem right there. Many muslims don't even understand Qur'an and Mohammad's teaching (called Sunnah) anymore. They don't bother or too lazy to read Quran and other books to find out the truth themselves and just directly ask their local imams. Not that those imams/ulamas are mistaken, but some imams do lead muslims to the wrong way .

Mohammad’s teaching is peace indeed. And hurting peaceful non-muslims (let alone killing them) is absolutely out of the questions. The excellent thing is, his teachings (from Allah) has balance between gaining as much as you can in this world and saving plenty for the afterlife. So, if you become a pious person in Islam, it doesn’t mean that you must let go any of your possessions. Islam only ask you to not be so attached to the worldly things (coz you’ll lose them eventually), but not forbid you from enjoying it. Yes, Islam does forbid things like drinking any kind of alcohol, eating pork and doing free/irresponsible sex. But you gotta admit, the world still has plenty to offer .

Oh yeah, I'm a muslim btw .

See, just like what you are talking about, that is all I was getting at in my rant I made recently (towards certain Christians). Some Christians I'm so mad with because, like I said, they ignore or oppose some of the best and most important teachings from Jesus himself.