Old 2007-06-20, 22:45   Link #437
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Silly question from me

Sometimes when i check for which subgroup to download my anime from i read people comment with like. Subs are from DVD, not as good as Fansubs.

I can't speak out of experience myself. But i saw it several times which made me believe that sometimes the fansubs are actually better than some dvd subs.

But if that is the case. Than why don't the producers just use the Fansubs subs instead of going true the hassle of making there own subs which in some cases are worse than fansubs?

Was just curious about it.
I can't say that all fansubs are created equal, but true there are subbers that does it better than some: quality, subbing, and author notes (which I love, by the way, and it makes it seems like it's commentaries).

Like innominate says, that's unoriginal, and would prove useless and redundant. Plus you can never match the quality of DVD quality, TIVO isn't that good. They both are just trying their best to present you their works are their best. Enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi
I was a bit unclear. I only mean the translation. Not the fancy effect's and so on.

But guess what innominate said does make sense about it being unoriginal. And yea i would also be mad if i know the dvd from the producer contain the same subs as that of fansubs. It's like they didn't even tried than

guess it's better to try and fail than just take the easy way.

And i don't think fansubs are protected by copyrights or anything. But i could be wrong. Is the subs they produce actually there property? In like no one else is allowed to use them but them self? I can assume it to be a unwritten rule that you don't rip other fansubs. But is it actually against the law for producers to use fansubs without there permission?
I don't think subs are property, since it's completely coming from a source that was already not theirs to being with. The only part I would say that even counts as protected material is the translation that they used, you know, like wording and suches. Like someone complained to me earlier from a couple years ago. Just cause you slap your name on a image doesn't automatically means its yours. Like my signature, it's a work done by Hiro Suzuhira, I didn't add his name to my sig and I don't automatically assume that everyone know that it's done by him, by since we're on a anonymous stand point of view, It should be ok, even though were taking and rehashing anything to our liking. but that's just how the internet is.

Is it jsut your personal likes that makes you seem more attracted to fansubs? No matter how you think of subs done by either group, they both took lots of time to present you a movie worth watching.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote