View Single Post
Old 2007-07-15, 03:32   Link #137
nekokaburi

i got mine in the post yesterday, or rather, it was waiting for me when i got back from my holiday...

i'm rather impressed with it do be honest... episode 5 is as funny as ever... they took a bit of creative licence in a few places to make the dialogue fit the lip flaps (for example: suiseiseki telling jun and hina to "shut up" in the 'aligator of truth' (they changed that too) part, she says "shut up conspirators"... which is rather fitting). "flower topped hamburger" got translated as exactly that, and pretty much everything else is pretty close too.

we get to hear shinku's english emotional "in destress" voice, which was pretty good and we get to here more of Mia Bradly's performance as suigintou... very nice... especially when she calls shinku junk for the first time...

souseiseki's english voice is pretty good too... she sounds pretty unfeminine, but just girlie enough that she can be recognized as a girl...

there are a few parts where suiseiseki's "so this" and "so that" are a little more obvious, but i don't see it as an attempt to translate 'desu', more like making up for extra lip flaps that 'desu' creates... she certainly doesn't say it as often as she said 'desu' so it doesn't really feel like they were trying to replace every desu with an english word... just the more over the top ones...

i'm pretty much loving everything about the R1 release of RM so far... except... the extra's on the dvd's... and the amount of (or should i say, lack of) coverage RM is getting...

the extra's are typical fare from geneon... they're almost nonexistent... but then again, this is geneon... not ADV...

RM is getting SFA 'media' coverage ever since it came out... ANN haven't even reviewed volume 1 yet and newtype USA basically gave it the cold shoulder this month... even animeonDVD have dropped the ball and haven't reviewed volume 2 yet... pretty slack if you ask me...

geneon have said they're disappointed with how badly it's selling at the moment. they reckon karin is doing better... if this continues i think we can kiss overture's possible R1 licence good bye...

i've tried to rally the fans of RM around my banner of getting the word out, but the interest doesn't seem to be there... it's a shame, because i doubt geneon will bother with overture, or series 3, when it comes out (note, my total confidence of a 3rd anime series)... if the first 2 series don't sell very well... or worse yet... media blasters could get it and release it sub only (GAG! HOK! SPITEW!!)...

maybe it will pick up some pace when traumend comes out... we can only hope...