View Single Post
Old 2008-11-19, 21:22   Link #56
miles316

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I though the general opinion was that there are actually far more cameras on an MS than just on the head? It's just that most of the processing computers of the visual data ended up on the head, as such if you take out the head the whole mecha goes blind?

I had also always assumed that the "eye" was just a far more advanced camera that would be too expensive to have more than one of. Like having something that can see multiple light spectrum's and aid weapon/target tracking. One of the reasons only Gundams in UC have two eyes is that it cost too much to have two eyes in a GM.
Gundams generally have three main cameras the two eyes and a third on the fore head they are the main targeting system for the weapons. The GM mobile suits in the UC universe from what I have heard are the same type as the ZAKU Zion units but the Federation not wanting their main unit to look like the enemy's suit so had a visor added to the design to cover it. The mono eye was simpler and cheaper to maintain even though it had less sensory acuity.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote