View Single Post
Old 2004-06-09, 23:36   Link #391
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubo
Well, that's not what I got from Jennifer's speech... it should like she's saying that ED's the cause of extinction (the monsters which only appears during exinction phase) and Takeru is an ED. Maybe I'll watch that part again but I'm pretty sure their focus was on Takeru and his role as ED. (Extended.. Definition or something?) I think the fossil they found was an ED killing an dinosaurs; the victim of the last exinction. It doesn't appear Jennifer believed that anything will save humanity from extinction.
As per Jennifer's explanation:

Hikari = Extinction Catalyst - the initiator and controller of the extinction event;

Takeru = Extended Definition - along with his fellow EDs, the other monsters, earth's defenders.

Quote:
Demosa... I really didn't believe they're out to hurt her after the beach incident. My reasons: 1, Her emotions "triggers" the appearance of the dragon-monster, 2. The monster is the same crystal-being as Aionis, and 3. Aionis said very clearly that she was in no danger. As the sworn guardian of Hikari-sama, I'm pretty sure Aionis would be there kicking butt if he has any hint that Hiraki wasn't actually in control of the situation.
Where did you get the idea that the other EDs, the monsters, are "crystal beings" like Aionious and Kwan? They are not. Only Aionious and Kwan are crystaline life-forms.

Of course Hikari is in control of the situation. She can blow any one of the monsters into vapor; that is, her "evil" side can.

Incindentally, the "good" Hikari is a result of the Extinction Catalyst's interaction with Takeru while in human form.

Quote:
Hmm, that would make Ryu more powerful then Takeru, and not even Human. I'm not sure I buy that. I don't see Ryu as that critical. If Akari's indeed here asking Hikari not to rip everyone's guts out, then I must say that the defenders are Ryu/Akari pair.
As per Akari's discussion with Hikari in Ep-09:

Both Hikari and Akari used to be, and were for the previous 6 extinctions, 1 entity. It was the "Extinction Catalyst's" encounter, in it's light form, with Takeru and Ryou, with their hearts, which caused it to split.

Lazarus
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote