View Single Post
Old 2011-12-13, 16:56   Link #26312
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Strickly speaking Eva said "I can't tell you what happened that day" it does seem to imply she knows the truth but it could also means exactly that.
Toyah says his own memories about escaping are fuzzy and Yukari doesn't even seem to insist much. She never once asks if it could've been murders, which considering "Battler" as the sole other survivor then Eva should make him into a prime suspect in Yukari's book, should she believe it could still be possible at all that murders really occurred.

Furthermore "withheld details of that day" might not have much to do with the actual tragedy. If Eva decided just to not talk about how all the sibblings had a very ugly argument over Kinzo's inheritence, and that Shkanon was revealed and made Jessica and George flip out and other ugly things like that, she could decide to withhold just that. If Kinzo's really dead and the family's hiding it, that's another thing that's quite pointless to reveal once everyone is dead already.

If we take what occurs within the arcs, the adults never seem to be really happy to show that "dark side" of them to their kids.

Still just take it from another angle. Ever since arc 1 we've slowly discovered a lot of the cast's dark secrets, nonetheless none of these seems sufficient to become a murderer, and even less to become a mass-murderer. However they were still information that allowed everyone to pick up a "personal favorite" (often George) and associate the bad traits of his/her personality with him/her being a murderer.

If that's the kind of information Eva withheld, I can quite understand it. If at the very least she is certain it's an accident herself, she has no reason to ruin everyone's reputation which only would feed theories that it's not an accident. I really take it as Eva wanted Ange to keep a better memory of her family then she could've should she have told them in details about that day, even without any murders event.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote