Thread: Tower of God
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-18, 04:26   Link #50
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Just FYI, what he said in the blog was that he seriously considered changing the story because of how popular it's gotten, but chose to go with his original plan anyway or he'll never forgive himself.

Note that SIU never actually said what the original plan was. The Lahe- dammit, Rachel, becoming the main character part is an in-story remark by the pretty redhead mystery girl as "congratulations" for successfully acquiring the support of Baam's comrades.

Also, he said -- I think -- that Baam only really came into his role as the main character within the last few chapters. In other words, Baam is very probably not dead and not out of the story (at least forever, we don't know if it's going to ignore Baam for the next 100 chapters, or go the opposite way and focus entirely on "Baam's new adventure" ignoring Rachel, Koon & co. instead).

That doesn't make me dislike Rachel any less, mind. I'm sure she has a perfectly good reason to do what she did, but that doesn't change the fact that she's a bland and annoyingly secretive character, also now kind of a bitch, in a comic full of Awesome Fighting Princesses. That and I'd rather see more Koon x Baam partnership and this development fundamentally separates them.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote