View Single Post
Old 2012-01-24, 22:05   Link #2088
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Well, if you're playing Skyrim just for battles, there are much better games for that and with much more challenge. Also its not a game designed to be played and completed, the reason it has an infinite quest generator, the radiant quest system, is to let people immerse and interact with the world.

When you walk, that's when you can encounter interesting stuff such as the headless horseman, farmer offering a cow to the giants, giants walking a cow, mobs fighting, Stormcloaks vs Imperials, hunters in hot springs, farmers running from dragons, skooma dealers, 3 merry men offering some mead, thief running away from victim, fire vs ice mages, etc.

From what I've seen so far from people complaining that the game is boring, the one thing they have in common is that they are just rushing through the game just killing stuff and fast travelling.
You are talking about going somewhere for the FIRST time. Random encounters only happen once per area, after that there is nothing other than enemy spawns.

Straw man argument, really. You are arguing that I shouldn't be in a hurry to finish the game. I am arguing that I don't want to waste time travelling on roads where I have already cleared the event counters.

Walking isn't bring, but walking when you already walked the same path 30 times IS boring when there is no longer anything new.