View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 04:28   Link #698
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
What in the Crazy Crap Crackers?! The Master’s here? This explains everything! Someone find the funny man with the big blue box!

…Wrong Master?

Oh, Thank god! You scared me dude! I was so sure Ikaruga’s good looks came from being a Timelord…

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who picked up on this.

Hmmm, well, if you think about it, Yuuko is the Doctor, Master is...well, Master, and Ikaruga would be Jack.

...Earth is so doomed.

Also, my idea about Alt. V is not just about it sounding, in pure theory, as something more likely to work than Alt. IV - it's also that in twisted way, Alt. IV didn't solve much! Think about it - yes, Original Hive is destroyed, but many more battles remain before BETA will be pushed out, and there's no way of telling if mankind won't screw something up along the way. Also, the rampant nationalism and politics still remain, with only the threat of BETA in space holding mankind together. That's not a very stable glue; anything may go at the moment, and frankly, Yuuko is not an unmistakable genuis - nor is she a very altruistic politician.

Vast swathes of Earth were also already devastated by BETA, and it remains to be seen just how well it can recover.

In some ways, just starting anew on another planet may make things better, especially when national governments are more interested in making the most out of Earth's ruins.

Spoiler for For Unlimited End:

Also, I ended up with Tomcat and Fulcrum as males because I like gender equality.
Spoiler for Jive Turkey:

No need to thank me.

Last edited by Alastor Mobius Toth; 2013-02-08 at 04:43.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote