View Single Post
Old 2013-06-18, 10:37   Link #910
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
I meant compromise in the sense that Hachiman is quite willing to have himself pilloried for the sake of others. Yukino would never put on an act to manipulate the reactions of those around her for the desired outcome.

Hachiman does this for Yukino, Satomi, later Tobe/Ebina/himself.
That's not a compromise. That's self-sacrifice.

Quote:
Except Hachiman was more upset with his own preconceptions concerning Yukino more than anything, and he never bothered with getting Yukino's side of the story regarding the accident; nor did he receive it.
When Hachiman talked with Yui shortly after their class' BL play, he asked if Yukino told her anything, to which Yui responded "Nothing you wanted to know".

They were quite clearly talking about the accident. Hachiman is curious.

Quote:
You also don't need to know about a person's private life to be friends with them.
Of course not. People can have casual friends. That's what most relationships in high school are. In fact, that's what Hayato/Yumiko's clique is. Yui is also friends with Yukino despite her never opening up.

Perhaps what I should have said is that Hachiman and Yukino are not close.

Quote:
As a brief aside, this is my own personal opinion but I think part of the point of the scene shown in episode 11 of the anime series where Yukino and Hachiman discuss the nature of excuses has a minor subtext in Yukino lying about the accident.

Mainly, Hachiman says that excuses are pointless, Yukino looks introspective after Hachiman says this and verbally internalizes the statement by agreeing with him. But says that a person should be given a second chance if they can express it through their actions if not their words.

That might be a fair bit of wild theorizing though, it could be they were just having a conversation and nothing more.
Oh, I agree. However, that doesn't change the fact that Hachiman's little exchange with Yui shows that he still is curious.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote