View Single Post
Old 2008-11-08, 19:44   Link #12
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^You've got to admit she's won out as a character with just her smile. It's the kind of smile guys fall in love for.

Chapter 8 was great, especially in developing Ryuu's underdeveloped character and hinting at his feelings. Like you I also found it funny how the pair tortured Prince Charming Kazehaya with their "cuddle up to Sawako" operation.

Moreover, I have to say it's interesting to see this manga subverts the shoujo convention by making the "adult"-looking pair the main character's best friends rather than evil bitches that many other shoujos out there make them all to be. Quite refreshing, really.

Two things I didn't like so far though (in the midst of many, many things to like):

1) The pretty, psycho girl character. It's arguably a necessary source of conflict, but I still don't like.

2) The author's habit of making chibis out of the characters, especially Sawako. She's really, really pretty in her "true form," but spends most of her time in stupid-chibi mode. Kind of like Sunako from the Wallflower, and it sucks.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote