View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 01:52   Link #171
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In terms of how far Flit can go it could get pretty scary. After all if he retains his belief that the Vagans aren't human then will he pull the breaks at just their military? It may never become an issue in the series, but I can't say that Flit isn't capable of going that far. There's a lot of anger there after all.

And this does not mean I'm supportive of the Vagans (better cut off that criticism before it starts).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
What's kind of silly about this entire thing is, at this point the grunt units on each side are fairly evenly matched. And there is no way even after 150 years, that a small colonization force for Mars; especially with those mortality rates, would be able to take on the combined military forces of Earth.

Yes, the Earth officials were impeding progress, but much like the US after Pearl Harbor -- they should have been able to produce an insane amount of war materiel backed by 6-9 billion people. There can't be more than a few hundred million Vagans. And they obviously rely on Earth resources to produce a good chunk of their suits.

Why is there yet another 25 year gap after Age2, when at that point, the officials were purged and they should be able to steam forward with pilot training and mobile suit production.
It is hard to believe they can sustain this level of war if they are suffering that badly. Sure, it would motivate them to win, but it wouldn't make it more possible for them to fight for this long. At the start it was clear that the Federation was way behind, but Flit has been there long enough that the gap should be closed.

Of course the grunts on both sides suck so badly it's hard to tell where they stand against each other. But somehow I expect them to say that even though Flit should be ramping up the Federation war machine that things are still bad. Maybe saying that Flit's purge put some countries on edge and make them more willing to cooperate and support the Vagan cause...or something.

At any rate I'm sure they won't spend much time on the logistics of it all. Just get Kio into that Gundam, that's the plan .