Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 07:58   Link #2072
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I mostly don't mind the anime's approach to the kirara. I just feel that showing the power once without ever having talked about it, never showing it again (so far) and never talking about it afterwards (again, so far) makes it feel like we're missing something. The dramatic portrayal of it in the scene it was in makes it come across as something that should have come up again. Whether through an explanation, just basic discussion, or actually being utilized more in the series, it felt like something we should have been expecting to see more of, and indeed I have been. The fact that we've come this far without it coming up again feels... odd.
I believe the idea of that scene was just to show that there is something related with the strength of the successors and the kirara. But the main focus on the story is the understudies, which aren't successors yet. I think that would be something explained when/if we get a few of the girls becoming successors, something that seems now would only really happen on a season 2.

Btw this does makes sense on why those young girls are able to face armored and trained soldiers so many times and still survive.