View Single Post
Old 2011-11-22, 04:42   Link #77
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
but this is a new type of show aimed at pre-teens, maybe the previous generation of fans just shouldn't watch it at all?
Well apparently that's the idea, we have Unicorn and than later the adaption of the First Gundam manga for us, this was meant to bring in the new generation of gundam viewers. The theory is sound, whether the actual execution came about is another story.. and looking @ the age breakdown for the first month of airing.. they got it all wrong.

Quote:
If you remove the tag " Gundam " from the show, most people on this forum wouldnt be watching it
Definitely true, this show sans Gundam and made by Artland for example wouldn't even crack 300 replies by now. As it is having thread counts in the low 100s is far off from the days of Gundam 00 and SEED/Destiny before it. And yes I know the last few Unicorn OVAs have had about the same amount of posts but it seems to be a trend that people hardly watch OVAs/Movies compared to TV series. Look @ the amount of discussion here on these forums for the Black Lagoon OVAs compared to the tv series for one example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
-Plot: slow but developing well.
Normally I would agree with this, but you have 3 generations to cover which in essence breaks the show into 3 parts; If they split the time evenly (which may not happen and if any gen gets more time it should be this one considering the pace) than you only have 9 episodes left for this current generation, is the time used thus far the best thing they could've done if that is the case?

Also while I would like to think the could do it.. wouldn't it be nice if the OP/ED changed with the generation changes? Of course it won't since they'll want to sell 2 new cd singles each cour with new OP and EDs...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote