View Single Post
Old 2012-01-01, 21:16   Link #26818
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Well, my speculation is from an earlier post, where I was saying it seems like Yasu doesn't actually have a real identity, like in the same way that you and I have one. We can all create personas that we can pretend to be, but at the same time we all have actions and motives that come from our real selves.

For Yasu, it's like it's Beatrice, Shannon and Kanon that has all the actions and motives. I haven't actually seen anything that can be ascribed to a Yasu (or a fourth personality, basically.) Except for maybe her dislike of the Yasuda name, but I'm not sure any of the backstory in EP7 for Yasu is real, or can be believed. (See below for what I mean.)

So I was thinking if there was a particular disorder where you lose the sense of self. There seem to be some people describing this feeling as a part of suffering some other psychological disorders though, so I'm thinking it's plausible.
Well, if Yasu really planned to kill and destroy everything she can't be mentally sane... though I've asked to a friend who studied psychology in university and Yasu's behaviour doesn't really fit a personality disorder.
So to me her personas are more like identities she gives to the part of herself.
Sort of like... well, usually is used for comic effect but have you ever seen those scenes in cartoon in which there's a guy with a guardian angel and a devil on his shoulders and he talks with them?
Though for a more 'realistic feeling' there was a novel of Stephen King in which a woman chained to a bed labelled each though that came to her mind as if they were quotes from different people when in fact they represent different parts of her personality (though she's in an insane situation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Interesting thing to me: No mention of Shkanontrice being based on disguise whatoever.
Another interesting thing: I dare hope that the fricking confirmation that Shkanontrice piece has no motives outside of meta, that whoever was trying to find a logic for Erika's behavior on the board that didn't count on meta will just give up doing so.

All in all this is pretty much, as far as I'm confirmed, a confirmation that Rokkenjima prime doesn't even exist.
Well, I haven't read it yet so maybe I'm mistaken but I've thought Rokkenjima Prime might exist as inspiration but not connected to the games.
In short there was really an Ushiromiya family and, due to a coincidence, something went wrong and nobody apart from Eva and possibly Yasu and Battler survived but that's all.
On Rokkenjima no epitaph murder took place nor any other type of killing.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote