View Single Post
Old 2011-04-11, 15:50   Link #22595
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseweave
There's a similar set of problems with Shkannontrice.

And it's not true that she wasn't seen by anyone - after all there were plenty of sightings of Beatrice around the mansion. It's a big enough island, too, there may even be other random hidden buildings beside Kuwadorian, or she could have been taken off the island.

What's of note to me is that it's mentioned Yasu was quite ill when younger, but this seems forgotten later on in the story. I think it's likely her illness was tied with her disappearance(or her sudden change to Shannon, or whatever).
There's a difference between being seen as a ghostly figure in the windows, and never being caught face to face 24/7 in an enclosed area for about five years.

And Yasu's illness is possibly just a coverup as part of her orphan backround, for all we know.

Quote:
Fans came up with that. The name Sayo could be a lie too.
The name Sayo is Shannon's official name on record, as is Yasuda's for Yasu. Since Sayo is a first name and Yasuda a surname, if they're the same person...

Quote:
Both Shannon and Yasu are seen and referred to together by the maids.

We can only trust those scenes. We can't trust the scenes where Shannon and Yasu are alone, because one of them could be making those up - didn't you learn anything from Natushi in Ep.5? Same thing, with some differences. Kinzo was still a real guy.
The only time the servants actually talk about Shannon in a context where she is a separate person from Yasu is when they're talking to Zepar and Furfur. Yea...not really the best context for reality-determination. Even still, the evidence is heavily in favor of Shannon being Yasu's imaginary friend.

Quote:
Fantasy scene. Their personalities are very different. And Shannon doesn't resort to escapism in the same way Yasu does.
Of course it's a fantasy scene, it's a DREAM. Why giving the dream as a framing device if it's a fantasy scene? Why not just have Shannon patrolling the halls, sees a golden butterfly, and is whisked to a magical world?

Fantasy Scenes are always interwoven with bits of truth. If Shannon and Beatrice can only speak to each other in dreams, there is a reason for that.

Quote:
But what's of note is that Maria never had a "golden" land of her own. Initially, we only seen the Golden land between Shannon and Beatrice, and Beatrice and
Maria. This should tell you something.
Why should she? She just piggybacks on Shannon's, and before that was content just trying to win Rosa's love. I don't think you understand metaphor all that well.

Quote:
The Chick/Elder Beato and the "Universe" itself don't have to be created at the same time, so they don't have to have the same triggers. Beatrice and her universe are not quite the same thing.
That's not what I was saying, but thanks for elaborating your lack of understanding.

Quote:
Fantasy scene. Shmion bullshit.

More believable than Shkannontrice by a mile.
No, it's not. You're only able to make your idea work by deleting scenes, ignoring dialogue, making up rules and scenes that don't actually occur in the novel, and use theories to support theories.

Quote:
I just did. You haven't really given any hard proof.
I've given citations in the novel. All you've done is go "NUH UH FANTASY SCENE."

Unless you can give me a non-magical explanation for how Shannon can transfer her emotions to another flesh-and-blood person, memories included, then they're the same person.

Quote:
I don't think you have. The point is, it's possible that only the person that solves the riddle and gets headship survives the massacre/b0mb by feeling to Kuwadorian - of course, it turned out to be Eva, so depressingly, nobody won, but that's what suggests this possibility. I'm not sure how this fits with how the Ep7 tea party/Ep 8 answer is depicted. There are too many unknowns.

Shkannontrice is just a truly awful theory. I don't know why you're getting so aggressive at someone for trying to make better sense of the whole thing.
You haven't actually brought up a single hole in Shkanontrice, though. You just proposed your own idea, which has EVEN MORE holes, and you can't even plug them up.

And come on, now. Zepar and Furfur go on and on about how furniture doesn't have a complete soul, and for one of them to be complete the other contestants have to give up their soul-pieces. If that's not a metaphor for some MPD bullshit I don't know what is.

Also Genius Battler confirmed woot woot