View Single Post
Old 2012-11-09, 04:45   Link #399
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Thread Revival.

Had a really vivid/crazy dream last night I have to share;

It started like this, I don't know exactly why but for some reason I joined several other men in infiltrating a prison as part of the guards which I guess was in some former Soviet Bloc country.

We were wearing light blue combat fatigues but oddly wore green webbing and body armour and sported various Kalashnikovs.

Eventually after standing guard and just watching prisoners in the yard from a tower an explosion rocked the facility. The guard next to me turned to the noise in surprise as I leveled my AK and fired a short burst dropping him. Several other infiltrators opened fire on more guards adding to the confusion.

I provided cover fire from my cleared tower as other men from outside the prison were let in by fellow conspirators who then stormed the main complex.

Eventually they exited the building with several freed prisoners in their midst. I withdrew some rope from my pack and abseiled down the tower wall into the courtyard and provided security as we exfilled the facility.

Outside the prison were running down some train tracks and I was towards the rear of the group when gunfire erupted from some nearby train cars. This is the point which felt so real.

Still on the trot keeping pace with my team, I swung my weapon over to the man shooting at us and trained my sights on him mid hop. He notices me taking a bead on him as his weapon fails to fire and tries to run for cover.

In a seemingly slow motion ordeal, my first round failed to connect as my foot hit the ground throwing off my aim. I brought my rifle to bear again with my next step and fired. This time the round kicked up dust in the distance beyond him.

With each sideways step I let loose a round on the fleeing gunman until after about the sixth shot it connected and a splash of blood erupted from his back.

Slowly coming to a halt I continued to put another two rounds into the fallen man before ejecting the near spent magazine and replacing it with a full one.

Just the image of the front sights of my weapon following the man as he fled for cover were so vivid and disturbing.

And I can't even say video games are to blame since I've been reading fantasy novels the last week. You think I'd be dreaming of dragons or at least using a bow and arrow.

New map.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."

Last edited by grylsyjaeger; 2012-11-09 at 05:00.
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote