View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 10:21   Link #598
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
However, like I said in my response to Daniel Lind, I'm not convinced that Toei will strictly target only that demographic. Given that they are pursuing a world-wide release suggests that they're well aware of their fan base so they must know that a considerable portion of that skews much older. And, as we all know, companies never hesitate to target those who have buying power. I can't imagine that Toei would simply ignore those people.
Modern Precure already satisfies this demographic. While the primary audience is young girls, there's also a strong secondary audience of adult men. Toei is well aware of this, which probably is why the production values are so high. Sailor Moon is a bit different in that it's probably going to try to capture adult women who may have grown up watching the original series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
That's why I don't think they'll follow the same exact model as before. I'm not saying that they can't incorporate a whole slew of festive monsters, but I don't think they'll do it the same way as before. This is, after all, a new adaptation for a new era.
Time has moved on, and the new Sailor Moon is going to be a bit different because of that. I would imagine that Precure and Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon show the kind of directions the show will take.