View Single Post
Old 2013-04-22, 13:06   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

Even if "Alice" is just a part of Athena, she's still her, and I would've enjoyed seeing her character in a comedic context anyway. And... I enjoyed this episode. Athena was the one who got the plot moving, but Sakuya (who sang the ED) and Fumi (and Yukiji!) played just as major a role. I was only introduced to Fumi in recent series, but I like her. Kana Asumi brings her usual energy to the role, and anyone who tries to seriously interrogate a dog is going to get a few laughs out of me. I wasn't expecting the return of Tama either. He was one of the elements from the first series that gave it that distinctly anime feel, that I liked, and was slowly phased out in the second season, but here, had another moment to shine. The return of Regioster was a surprise, too. The show's got an expansive cast, but that doesn't mean everybody's forgotten, even if their prominence is less. The story with Armageddon (really, that's a hell of a name for a dog) was cute, and the second, shorter sketch with Nagi and Athena made for some good interplay. While they do have some character overlap, Athena seems to be a more traditional rich girl/socialite, while Nagi's a more modern (otaku) girl.

Next week looks to be Sakuya and Isumi's actual episode. I love those two, so I'm looking forward to it. They have some of the best comedic chemistry.