View Single Post
Old 2009-09-18, 16:22   Link #9880
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
As for the actual age of the characters the majority of them are drawn to appear over 18 where as the child is clearly drawn as that, a child I think theres a huge difference there.
No it fucking isn't.

These are not people. They are lines on a piece of paper.

Furthermore, they aren't even lines drawn to resemble naked people. They are lines drawn to resemble underage girls clothed in fetishy outfits.

If you're that concerned about the lines on the piece of paper, underage is underage.

Quote:
P.S I actually live in the UK so 16 years is the legal age.
Which shows why laws are not universal moral standards, because they differ from culture to culture.

For example, national age of consent in Japan, where most of these images originated, is thirteen. Same with Spain.

This is why the UN trying to force American CP laws on Japan is laughable.

Quote:
Also laws are meant to be an indication of what is morally acceptable, espcially an obsenity law.
Yes, depending on the culture. But obscenity laws are becoming more and more of a joke in an age of free speech and a lack of censorship.

Welcome to the Internet, bro.

Quote:
I'm really confused as why I should stop being offended by something because I've enjoyed anime for a few years, if somethings offensive its still offensive.
I was questioning how you enjoy anime when loli is everywhere in it.

Quote:
You know when people say that anime fans are losers and freaks, your really not helping when you say stuff like this.

Look I give up, argueing on the internet is a waste of time your just going to bounce back with equally moronic statments, I mean you've obviously spent alot of time rationalising it.
Learn to spell before you call people morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Ummm, how do you draw an animated character to look 18 instead of 17?
Yeah, exactly. This exactly.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote