Thread: Snow!
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-27, 08:12   Link #293
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Post Let it Snow, Let it Snow...

So I live in Westport, Connecticut. We're about an hour train ride from New York City. The recent snowstorm has actually SHUT DOWN JFK Airport in New York. It's been declared a state of emergency in most states that got anywhere from 12-20 inches of snow. A very small part of the east coast area (New Jersey, maybe? I don't remember) got something like 20-30 inches of snow.

Businesses have shut down, etc. (Yet I still have to go into work... go figure when NO ONE is going to be on the road) In New York City, folks are stranded in subways, airports, and bus stops, as the entire system has been closed down. That REALLY is bad, since things like restaurants are closed, and people are having trouble finding places to eat.

Here in Westport, the snow is actually drifting 14 inches high in some places, and people are getting tickets for going out in the snow. I don't know why the retail store I work at is opening, since no one is going to be out shopping in this blizzard.

Here's a tiny look at the weather we're having: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40816579/ns/weather

So, how's the weather where you guys live? I hope it's better than ours, because this snow is (expectedly) wreaking havoc on everyone's post-holiday schedules.