View Single Post
Old 2011-11-09, 09:38   Link #1145
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Tonight, my IRL friends and I stumbled upon what we think is the most unprofessional, painful review ever...

Carlo Santos's review of eps 1-6 of Fate/Zero for ANN

Words can't describe how utterly appalled I am that they would even let that be published. There really needs to be a second alternative to ANN's role in the West...this is beyond a joke anymore. Not that I thought that highly of them ever, but...that is a disgrace. For it to be commercially used is just criminal.

I seriously hope that load of crap doesn't deter US anime fans from even trying Fate/Zero, let alone buy it...Way to let your personal agenda get in the way, AS ALWAYS, Santos! And you wonder why a considerable proportion of Japanese otaku think Westerners are crazy...thanks for being part of the problem, you incompetent fool.

*facepalm*

I'm going to continue reading the original novels to get over that nonsense.

Amusing that in the course of a couple of weeks, they interview Urobuchi, they promote the extra F/Z material. Then they get one of their reviewers - who is clearly ill-equipped and has little to no knowledge of the Type-Moon universe and Fate universe - and have the gall to allow that to be published and affect the possibility of people choosing whether to watch/buy it based on that review. Are they trying to kill this show in the West?! Or did they simply think it was funny if they got a shock jock style review to counter the hype?

Normally wouldn't care so much about the opinions of others, but if you're being paid to do a commercial review, you have to put aside personal biases to a significant degree and try to be objective.