View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 18:46   Link #76
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
And yet we have many games with breakable clothing/armor, dirt, etc. Like fighting games like Soul Calibur where pieces of armor or clothing fly off with enough damage to that part of the body. We got games like MGS Revengeance where you can cut enemies into tiny little pieces. Would it be strange for a game that takes place a decade in the future to incorporate such elements?
I don't think it's impossible, but I sure as hell don't think we be doing it inside virtual worlds solely with our minds in the next decade or so. I'd be willing to believe this SAO/ALO's realism a lot more if this show was set in like, the 2200's or something and the real world in the show actually looked like a world with much more advanced futuristic technology.

Also the examples you give are still immersed in game logic. They don't act exactly the same way as reality thanks to virtual limitations. Not to mention neither of them are MMO's.

Quote:
Just because the story is about a game you dislike doesn't make the story poorly written.
No it doesn't, but there's other things especially in the ALO arc that CAN be considered poor writing.

Quote:
Sorry but I don't understand your point. Isn't it already like this that we want games to be more and more realistic? Whenever I read game tests the realism is always a huge factor and the more real the better is the concept I see there...
Well then answer me this, what is so good about a game having realism? Does it make it more fun to play? Does it make it more engaging? Is that really worth investing in when the game can could be equally as fun and engaging even with a simpler visual style or physics engine?

I don't understand why realism is considered so important in a game, but that's just me.

Quote:
Pretty much the opposite, actually. We never see any monsters using recovery abilities, but players have those crucial few seconds to use healing potions or crystals.
I mean it's unfair more-or-less in a PvP way. Against AI monsters I suppose it's fine though.

It's looking like nobody's going to understand my point of view at this rate.