View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 21:04   Link #10307
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic
I am OK with foreshadowing, but if after all this foreshadowing we somehow had Chelia fighting Orga, Rogue vs Juvia, Laxus and Gray doing their best vs Jura, Gajeel vs Lyon. It would had been much more interesting.
Wait, you're okay with foreshadowing, only if said foreshadowing doesn't come to pass? Do you understand what foreshadowing is, in a literary context? It means that you signal what is to come.

Quote:
Considering Sting, he already was beaten to a pulp by Natsu. Mashima will never repeat the same twice. I think he will mess up Minervas plans somehow. May be even fighting her.
But Sting fighting Natsu again would be a twist, eh? After all, he was beaten once, and it would be surprising to have Natsu show up in the tournament and fight Sting again.

Quote:
Why did you remembered all these? We are talking about current ark. You know i would not have been reading FT for so long if i didn`t like at least something in it. Wendy vs Zeref is of course too much, but what i wrote earlier were possible.
Why not? You were the one who wanted twists, and didn't want the obvious matchups that were foreshadowed. So what would be wrong with Wendy vs. Zeref? You complain if the foreshadowed matchups happen, and you'd complain if we got twist matchups. At least pick a side and be consistent.

And yes, I remembered all of those, because they were all foreshadowed fights in one way or another. Well, Gray/Juvia was a bit too subtle, but ice and water are close enough that it seemed likely. Would you have preferred Natsu/Juvia in the Phantom arc? After all, Natsu fighting another fire user was kinda stupid, eh? Would have been better to have a twist matchup. Hmm, perhaps Natsu/Earth Guy would have been a better matchup. Elfman could have fought Juvia instead.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote