View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 09:48   Link #54
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
Yeah, for the most part, cats learn to go to the litter box on their own. A younger kitten may very well have accidents, and Chi seems pretty little.

One thing that makes me twitchy is all the milk they've been feeding her. Never give cow milk to kittens, it makes them sick.
Most everything in this story is pretty true to the experiences of raising a cat, but the thing is, cats are as varied as people. When I read my books (Kittens for Dummies, for example) about half the time, the advice is not applicable to my kitteh. I've known farm cats who get a squirt of milk all the time while milking and it's fine with them. But when I brought home my little rescued kitten and gave her some milk -- WOW, she was terribly sick, vomiting and diarrhea all over the place. Of course, the stress probably contributed to that. But aside from that, she took to the litter box very well.

Still, with little Chii, in the manga anyway, they make a point of saying that Mama Yamada bought some actual cat's milk to give the kitty. (how they milked the cats, I don't wanna know [yes, thats a joke]).

I would still like to see the friday segments (the home vids of people's kittehs) even if it isn't subbed. ^_^
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote