View Single Post
Old 2012-09-13, 18:59   Link #594
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If you don't feel pain, wouldn't that mean you wouldn't feel sex either?

Sex generally isn't painful, of course, but it's based on physical sensation just like physical pain is. Kind of hard for me to see how one can work (sex) without the other (pain).

I'm not saying that the "You don't feel pain" statement is incorrect, I'm just wondering how that jives with sex existing in the game.
It's a video game... remember? If you felt physical pain every time you were hit by a monster you'd log out of the game long before Kayaba had an opportunity to start his 'tutorial'. Heck, the company ~behind~ SAO wouldn't even have survived the beta.

The fact that physical pain is negated, yet other feelings are not is perfectly in line with the fact that it's a video game. Which, at the core, is designed to be enjoyable and fun. Remember you aren't losing tactile sensations, our character's (most likely) can feel the sword in their hands, the ground under their feet, and while they probably feel a placeholder sensation for pain... it obviously isn't pain.

But ultimately that answer, like everything else, is addressed in the LN's, but is simply setup as one of the 'setting' pieces in the Anime.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote