Thread: Halo: 4
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 08:04   Link #709
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Bad analogy. If we ARE to invoke Godwins Law and say Halsey is a Nazi (which I don't think is all that appropriate), then she didn't surrender to the Americans. She surrendered to the Gestopo headed by Himmlers, who in a cosmic fit of insanity, decided that they were upset about Nazi war crimes.

What's really funny about Glasslands is that the majority of the new characters Traviss introduces, who all of course, vilify and condemn Halsey for the SII program...are all themselves involved in black ops missions to arm the radical Elite faction that wants to wipe out humanity, in order to destabilize Elite society as a whole.

Protip. People outfitting the bloody space Taliban with nukes aren't in any position to condemn someone for kidnapping children to turn them into humanity saving super heroes.
You missed my point. What I was saying is that for someone (ONI) to be in a position of power, power which allows them to determine a person's fate, they tend to use that person (Halsey) for every bit of his worth to accomplish their agenda, and then discard of him and denounce him as a scum of the earth type of criminal so as to protect themselves and their interests.

When one person goes against the whole establishment, it's the powerful and the unscrupulous who always come out on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
surprised his hair didn't grow longer. Just give Chief a good shave, haircut, warm shower, some sleep, and he'll be look'n mighty fresh.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you're referring to the Spartan Halsey's talking to in the trailer, that's Thorne, one of the Majestics.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote