View Single Post
Old 2008-11-18, 14:25   Link #216
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowhugger View Post
I think this is more the case of classic propaganda and Imperialism. Ribbons undoubtedly is going to point out to the deteriorating system in Azadistan as reason to install his provisional government. To be honest, while we're undoubtedly supposed to hate Ribbons for doing this; it may actually be beneficial to the Azadistan citizens.

Let's face it, Marina wasn't exactly doing a bang-up job ruling.
I'm sorry, but ''beneficial''?

How exactly is Ribbons going to be beneficial to Azadistan? Did you not hear what Shirin said when she left Marina to go to Katharon? She said that Azadistan no longer has any future if it joins the Federation due to all the regulations they placed upon them . Did you not hear what the Federation done to Azadistan when they refused to join it? They basically twisted the countries arm into obeying them. And not to mention the fact that they kidnapped, interrogated, and imprisoned the head of state of Azadistan without any proper legal rights from the Federation. And let us not forget Ali and what he has done to the country. I'm sorry, but to me this all say's that the Azadistan citizens are going to be treated like dirt, and that they will be forced to live without any true rights for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN
I wonder where the surviving Azadistan citizens go.Could they join Kataron or take refuge on nearby country?

If some of them join Kataron,it would be great.Kataron need more manpower & hopefully Kataron got many MS left.
Nearby countries most likely, but that won't matter because the Federation is going to subject them to their tyranny in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles316
Is the rest of the world taking revenge on the middle east for generations of petrochemical extortion. Is that why the Federation is decimating the Middle East.
No, the world has abandoned the Middle East scene that switched to Solar Energy. Ever since then, countries like Azadistan have attempted to be acknowledged by the world, but since there was no use for them anymore, the world left them.

As for why the federation is doing this, it is because they want to remodel the entire world in their (or to be exact, Ribbons) image. The issue of petrochemical extortion has little to do with this other than the fact that the federation is doing the energy extortion, not the other way around here.