View Single Post
Old 2010-05-08, 23:06   Link #140
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I know the writer said this anime is going to be a rush job but come on he couldn't find to way to pace this episode a little better?
I have to agree but to be fair, he can't just worry about 1 episode when he only has 13 episodes to work with. Out of all the episodes so far, this one in particular seems to suffer because of pacing. One has to wonder if this series could have been better off being a 24 episode anime rather than just 13. Maeda did claim that he had to cut a lot out in order to limit his material to 13 episodes but now I wish this series were longer.

I enjoyed this episode in particular because of the mixture between light comedy and drama but the pacing is pretty sporadic. The transition between Otonashi's speech and Ayato's past definitely felt absent. Tenshi just got some major development this episode and we're slowly receiving some more insight about the so called "Afterlife." Yuri is much better than her initial impression, I've grown to like her a lot more over these past few episodes just like Kanade/Tenshi.

For those hoping for romance, I believe it's best to not get your hopes up too high because by this time, there should have been some romantic development. It seems like there won't be any and personally, that's a shame considering I'm a fan of the romance genre.

On another note, I loved the BGM playing during Otonashi's speech to Ayato.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"