View Single Post
Old 2009-10-16, 11:52   Link #781
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy12 View Post
I'm I the only one who thinks that Hiromi didn't do anything wrong -it seems that people are blind to this show and don't seem to focus on Hiromi.. but Ai made 10 times worst mistakes than Hiromi and she was more messed up than her because of her self-loathing (even the writer said that ).At least Hiromi's actions were understandabe given her situation ..messy for sure but she didn't go as far as Ai did ..did she ? though I liked all characters and Ai was my fav ..
Actually, in fairness to the review, his main problem with Hiromi probably was that she didn't do anything wrong. That's probably why he found her "boring"; in his mind she was something of a little-miss-perfect that wasn't worth the interest. But on the other hand, I agree with you that her situation made her interesting, and she wasn't as boring or straightforward as she might seem (in fact, a large part of what made her interesting was the way that she sort of indirectly shielded her feelings, similar to Shinichirou's mother). But I guess it's all about preference and taste. In the end the review comes down to "I wasn't able to relate to the main characters, so I wasn't able to enjoy the story", which I guess is logical. The problem is that, like most reviews, he makes it sounds like the characters are "unrelate-able", which just isn't the case.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote