View Single Post
Old 2011-12-01, 01:50   Link #2263
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Stating that Ranka acts childish isn't meant as an insult - atleast not in the context of this discussion, so there's no reason to start an all-new debate on whether or not she was childish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Actually it is considering she's already a loli.
In that case, I apologize for the unintentional slur. Unfortunately, that was the impression I was left with while watching the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor
The original issue is whether or not Ranka's amnesia had any effect on her maturity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags
There is actually no physical proof in the way of the novels, series, movies, or manga on whether or not her amnesia had any effect on her maturity. We can only take what we've been shown.
Which is why it was brought up in the first place. It isn't much fun discussing what we already know, afterall. If it's done tactfully, such speculation can be enjoyable.

Quote:
I agree with Karice that Ranka did indeed mature by the end of the series; she was pretty much forced to by events beyond her control.
Quote:
Thank you.
You're Welcome. (See?, I'm not totally anti-Ranka...)

Quote:
At least both movies help "correct" (for lack of a better term) Ranka's monumental naivety immaturity and portray her as a normal teenage girl.
Quote:
If you count her series self blending with her movie self to make her look unrealistic, then yes. And also, she already was a normal teenager in the series personality wise. Did we watch the same series? I already stated before that she showed very close resemblance to modern day teens in personality.
My original impression of Ranka was a typical loli trying to act more grown up around her older friends. Probably because of that, I still see her more or less in that light. I don't see that as a bad thing, BTW - if anything, I think that makes her series character more likable. Of course, having a younger sister that reminds me a great deal of Ranka probably doesn't help matters.