View Single Post
Old 2012-05-04, 08:16   Link #23
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
No, it can directly translate to MMORPG. Rusty Hearts is a storyline-line heavy mmorpg where the world changes based on individual player. The town NPC's are not what other players see unless they finished the quests as well.

Like if there was a D2 server, those who rescued Deccard Cain would see him, those who haven't won't see him. Same with bosses, those not involved will not see the boss. Guild Wars 2 does the same. I think guild wars 2 also makes players engaged in a one-time-boss-fight also disappear. I remember trying to kill the first Norn boss (Ice Wurm) a second time but when I go there, there's no ice wurm and there's only a few players standing around doing nothing.

In dungeons, the mobs that spawn are based on the quest line of the party leader. So it may be possible to fight a boss that is only suppose to be fought once, several times, because you joined others and that they were going through that phase of the story line. The game is fantastic in dynamic story telling mechanics (but it wasn't open world and it's still in beta).
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote