View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 12:08   Link #9617
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naginoura View Post
A really bored man keeps this chart if you are interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jRsWHQyd0tPRXc

---

As for Medaka Box doing bad and Kumagawa being a savior?

Medaka Box has always done bad, especially during its early run. Kumagawa does have a positive effect on the rankings, but I don't think it's as substantial as Westlo is making out to be—though nowhere as little as what Tenchi claims.

Also, there is no way to say how Medaka Box anime is doing, because the first bluray will come out on July 25th and online buzz about anime isn't always in line with actual sales. However, I don't think the anime will sell well. I don't think Gainax is doing the series justice.

In any case, Medaka Box is definitely safe for a while and there really is no reason to discuss if it's doing bad in the rankings or not. And there is especially no reason to get so riled up over it. Essentially, just like most of the arguments about the latest chapter, this seems to boil down to favorite character conflict. So it'd be best to drop any pretense and just go all out with Zenkichi vs. Kumagawa really.
I'm not saying Kumagawa doesn't have an affect but by himsef he doesn't have an effect otherwise his chapters during the aijimu arc not in the treasure hunt arc would have been rated highly. Entertaining scenarios including him does well rank wise not simply his appearance doing shit. Also you can't attribute the current success of Medaka box to him he barely featured in those parts it was doing pretty well before he was introduced and the focus was far from on him.

That's all I'm saying. Though like you said that is all it really is about, I was simply trying to state to Westlo that the current situation is far from dire and that he just hates Zenkichi. He obviously refuses to belive this.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote