View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 22:17   Link #1479
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
I think something either needs to come of this commercial or it needs to be put to rest within the community. There's something just unhealthy about all this obsession over a 30 second animation showcase that shows no sign of currently being anything other than a one shot and all the signs of being just that . There's no pitch, no visible marketing push behind it and now when you have 3rd parties looking to profit over the bizarre obsession with it it threatens to get ugly. I agree its time for a reality check on this matter now as opposed to any time later.

This is not a post meant to criticize fujoshi by the way so much as the incredibly weird to me obsession over this animation short.
I agree.

KyoAni hasn't given any indication that this is any more than a commercial, so it's probably time for people to move on from it and accept that it is, in fact, just a commercial.

Even if this commercial was KyoAni's way of seeing what potential interest there would be in them doing a fujoshi-focused show, I would imagine they've gotten the message loud and clear by now.