View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 00:06   Link #36
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I suppose the whole sick routine wasn't a tantrum to you? That's someone who simply just can't understand, you can't always get what you want.
Most of Kirino's requests I felt were reasonable. Suggesting some specific voice actors, requesting a specific artistic team... that seems reasonable to me.

But a different OP for each and every anime episode?

When it's 52 episodes in length?

Now I know why Bakemonogatari couldn't afford to properly animate some of its scenes. Kirino (or, rather, her brother) must have talked SHAFT into doing all those different OPs.

In complete seriousness, it wasn't just that she had some requests - which would be fine - but it was the sheer number of them, and the outlandishness of some of them. So I see where you're coming from Reckoner.

However, I agree with DJ Trouble and sikvod00 that she actually took the rejections pretty well. Which is precisely why Kyousuke should have left well enough alone. You could actually see Kirino growing up a bit as she took those rejections all in stride.

At this point, I fault Kyousuke almost as much as I do Kirino, if not moreso. He's spoiling his own sister. She's tougher than he thinks, imo. His babying of her is doing nothing but hurting her in the long-run, in my view.