View Single Post
Old 2011-05-08, 01:52   Link #3112
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least now Mystogan's personality makes plenty of sense. Was pretty quiet and just felt different from Jellal. Pretty impressive that he was going around and doing missions while on top of that protecting that world from anima. Do think it probably would have been a good idea for him to consult with Makarov about this situation, of course I suppose it's possible he did to some extent, but there really wasn't much that could be done about the one that took out the guild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Trying hard to bite my tongue and not mention spoilers. Lets just say all the info you need is already there to figure this out... (as to both everyone's changes and Gajeel)

Can't wait to see the anime only people start speculating on the matter now that I mentioned that I won't say if your right not either

BTW the anime has now covered up to chapter 169 (yes, that means it was only a 1 chapter gain from last week which covered ch 168) so if you want answers right away you can start reading the series from chapter 170. So far each ep of this arc has only covered a single 20 page chapter or 2 and has been mostly filler... kinda scarey thought if that will be the case for the whole arc. Oh, well... maybe they'll do a good job with it, after all this ep was rather funny
I have no doubt that it's tough to stay silent when you just know the answers . Of course glad you have managed to since I'm looking forward to seeing the truth first hand.

Certainly have to take into consideration the possibility that this isn't the kidnapped group, but just their opposites in this world. While they got through in a slightly different fashion we haven't seen any real personality changes from Natsu or Wendy. Plus would wonder about the point of dropping them in there, flipping their personalities, and then letting them go about their business. If the point is to just grab magic for that world could have taken everyone somewhere else and are draining their magic somehow.

It's definitely easier to predict some changes compared to others. Simple to flip Gray's personality and have him wear a stupid amount of clothes. Though his comment about getting chills easily makes me really wonder if the magics are different for each character. Be funny enough if Gray was using fire magic and to see Natsu's expression .

I can't imagine Gajeel is going to miss out on this arc. So he's got to show up somewhere in that world. Maybe not being a dragon slayer with a cat didn't protect him....Of course possible during this incident another cat could have popped onto the scene and Gajeel will catch up.

Anyways without easily being able to use magic this will be tough. Natsu has a pretty direct approach to things so tough on him. In terms of the cats hanging around Dragon Slayers, I wonder if it has to do with their ability to restore magic. I mean just eating their respective element charges them right up. In a world like this where magic is so rare if they could find a way to duplicate that kind of power it would completely solve their problems. Maybe the cats are there for the very reason to examine and understand dragon slayer magic.