View Single Post
Old 2008-07-21, 23:35   Link #76
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Very nice post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adediran242 View Post
I think the issue alot of us have is the "underdog" theme that constanntly runs in the manga and anime. (I struggle with it myself) Naruto is an absolute failure, with zero talent and a monster ravaging his soul. He is NOT supposed to be learning several new jutsu, as much as we'd love him to, because the guy is a moron.
Yes, indeed. It does seem as if people want naruto to be similar to Sasuke in regards of his crafty techniques, chic fighting style, overall “coolness”, etc. However it seems that they’re forgetting that naruto isn’t supposed to be any of those things at all; and never was to begin with. Sasuke and naruto’s comparison is actually quite similar to the comparison between Inyuasha and Sesshomaru: one was reliant on mostly brute strength and heart, the other was more refined, chic, elegant, etc. The story is about heart overcoming talent; and I really fail to see how people are still continuing to miss this at this point in the manga, when the author has gone far out of his way to make this theme apparent in several of the earlier arcs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adediran242 View Post
Coupled with the enemies Naruto has fought and beaten, I doubt there is anyone in the series that can boast to the claims that he has achieved. Naruto is not wasted on Naruto because the main character is fulfilling his purpose and giving the message that Kishi wants portrayed, you don't have to be the best to be succesful, you can be a failure and still do well.
Exactly; however, unfortunately people rather focus on comparing naruto to the one person amongst his peers that has a large lead over him. How ironic that the anti-Sasuke crowd now mentions Sasuke more than the alleged “fan boys” do; the very thing that many Sasuke fans were often ridiculed for.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote