View Single Post
Old 2004-05-03, 15:58   Link #8
Lazy Shikamaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
And the main character has this wicked power granted to him at birth from an evil being. Yeah, there are some similarities--except that Harry Potter is treated like a hero, and Naruto just the opposite. But then again, Harry Potter -did- kill He Who Must Not Be Named.

Hm, I don't know if this is a Vs. thread, mainly because I always thought vs. meant more like an agressive comparison, like which one is better. This is more like a passive comparison--but the rules are kinda vague on this, so I suppose that the mods will have to make a call on it. But that's a given anyway, so...yeah.
oh yeah! I forgot about that ninetails thing.. hmm, you can also tell that at the beggining the two characters don't really do much of fighting when it comes to dealing with the enemy. Naruto eventually does do good stuff, but harry is still kinda crappy (be honest, when have you seen him do a real spell in the movies). I think the biggest comparison has to be Orochimaru and his obsession with wanting Sasuke (in this case it would be naruto instead, but no worries) so he can have his body. Same with the bad guy, he's been switching bodies as well.