View Single Post
Old 2008-12-01, 05:21   Link #685
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
don't tempt me to the tl;dr XD

I basically think that what drives Lelouch in the end is the realization that all he had done has been abusing something he has being given - not by fate, by his father via CC to fit in his plan - without understanding the full entity of what he was doing.
His will has always been weak untill this realization, and he has been used just as much as he had used everyone else for his purposes. He had done a lot of horrible things, and surely felts the responsability for Euphie, Shirley - and also Nunnaly at that time.
So he decided to push to the extreme what he had done, because he chose to be free from being used, free from his guilt, free from the remains of his own morals, those same morals that normally limit human beings. He refused to be a victim of his errors, but push the error to the extreme in an extreme expression of his own will that made possible what is the final outcome of his plan: restart the world.

And all he had done as emperor is wrong, still wrong in the means, and I'm persuaded he knew all the time, but he did still because he realized that he has the power of changing the world, imposing his will upon the events that had made him lost everything, so that the same circle of guilt and hatred could be break.

Abusing Geass, he had stepped over the dignity of people, but with this experience he realized that being used as a tool, or an excuse, is the worst thing a human being could experienced. That's why I don't buy the moral that the 'ingrates' survived the end of the 'good one' - it's for people like the one that survived he had done all of this.

The last 'geass' he casted, is what he said to Suzaku, and Suzaku litterally answered "I accept this Geass"

That's why I feel that, with all his downs, Code Geass has a great moral in the end, putting free will as the most important value.
Charles couldn't possbily predict that Lelouch would find C.C. Lelouch getting Geass was something Charles couldn't plan for, and he sure as hell couldn't plan for the type of geass Lelouch got.

Charles may be smart but he can't predict the future.

Also if the moral was free will being the most important value than its broken

The people didn't choose peace, Lelouch using his own will forced it on them by tricking them. There is peace, but the peace is based on a lie, and the people including the entire Britannia army, and the Black Knights where simply Lelouch's plan.

If they where going for peace by free will than the ending would be more like the ending in Endless Waltz when the people stand up to the Barton Foundation, and start stating that they don't want war.

If they where going for free will at all cost than peace shouldn't be made, unless its a group decision like it was in Gundam Wing.

Also in both interviews and within the story itself its stated that Lelouch died for the price of using geass, that shows morality.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote