View Single Post
Old 2010-04-26, 19:28   Link #27
Voidek

It's nice to see that Otonashi is starting to fit in with the rest of the group (And also that he's actually capable of exhibiting their level of idiocy- his rivalry with the Axeman was just hilarious).

Actually ever since I've watched the promo for Angel Beats I had this nagging feeling about him- partially because of the opening lines about "The boy who has gone astray". That's why in episode 2 when yuri stated that there are no suicide victims in their world I couldn't help thinking "Oh? So Otonashi's the first one?". Now I realise this might be stretching it a bit but if we compared Otonashi's role to Tomoya for example it actually starts making sense. Granted, in Clannad Tomoya played a more active role than Angel Beats hero but the analogy is rather fitting I think. My theory is that like Tomoya in Clannad had to learn the importance of human relations, Otonashi's purpose is to learn the importance and the beauty of life. Afterall this anime is supposed to be "The best song in praise of life".

Well, were it to be true, then rather than Tenshi it'd be Otonashi who poses the greatest threat to Yuri's group I guess- pretty much representing everything they fight against and all.