View Single Post
Old 2004-09-09, 18:56   Link #57
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
Honestly that's where the problem lies.You see,when you start thinking about it,taking a fight as nonchalant as Orochimaru did was a weakness in itself.Sure you could say that Orochimaru would own the Third if he did,but the matter of the fact is that he didn't,so it's pretty pointless to say 'Orochimaru-sama could've finished the geezer off quickly before the Shiki Fuujin started' because he didn't.
I know that he was too confident, and that indeed that can become a weakness when it comes to a fight. But as for actual strength in itself it was quite obvious who had the upper hand; one was trying as much as he could - the other was laughing, threw away his sword to play around a little with the oppoent, stood back and called the other person names, etc. To me it's quite obvious that Orochimaru-sama wouldn't have had his arms sealed today if he wasn't as playful as he is ^_^x mmm playful Orochimaru-sama, I like the cling of that sentance ^_^x

Quote:
This comparison is not accurate.Sure,Orochimaru is powerful and he did manage to hold off Jiraiya and Tsunade hands down,(*Not pun*)but you can't say that 'Because Orochimaru held off Jiraiya+Tsunade=He can win the Third.'Sure,Jiraiya & Tsunade are powerful as well,but the fact is neither of them is the Third Hokage.(*Just because A can 'win' B+C,dosent mean he can win D,even if B & C are Sannin*)
Very true, I just wanted to put an example that showed how great he is that had to do with something else than the Sarutobi VS Orochimaru-sama fight.

Quote:
Yes,Orochimaru did say that the Third would stand a higher chance/possibility of defeating him(*Orochimaru*) if he were younger.
(*It would really depend on how much you trust the translators,or your matter of perception/interpretation.Interpretation as in how you would interprete a message.Not how you would interprete a foreign language.*)
Yeah, but that doesn't mean that Sarutobi would win either, it would just mean Orochimaru-sama would have to drop two of his attitude problems instead of one. Well it might be, it might also be that the difference is enough to tip to Sarutobi's favour; there's really no way we can know.

Quote:
Regarding Manda eating Enma- Would a fat and tall guy definately lose to a fat and short guy?
Of course not, but we're not speaking tall and short humans here, we're discussing something of human size compared to something enormous. Manda also seems to be the most powerful of the three Sannin summons, though of course that doesn't mean he's necessarily stronger than Enma. But the way I figure it, is that if Enma couldn't defeat Orochimaru-sama by simply going down and kicking some butt, Manda should be able to take Enma. Since I don't see Orochimaru-sama winning over Manda, I really don't. Like I said, he isn't a God... yet ;P