View Single Post
Old 2011-04-15, 20:51   Link #2024
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Obviously, it's because that promise was made in the most highly emotional scene in the freaking series, which I think we can agree on (if not, go watch it again), and, you know, magic is emotion!!
I agree. I'll even go out on a limb here and suggest that ALL the girls are emotionally tied together. Clearly the way we've seen the system work shows an emphasis on Magical Girls not being together in groups, but these five particular girls share a close destiny and bond through these time loops.

Homura has definitely become colder each time, and Madoka is the key figure in the group, but I don't believe that Homura has any less "love" for the other three girls, it's just that Madoka is figuratively and literally the most important person to her and her mission right now.

Remember that she tried to warn all of them about Kyubey. She was part of the fight to bring back Sayaka the first time. She grieved for each of them, and even in the current time when she has acted the coldest she has tried to reach out and save every one of them. She tried to help Mami, she tried to help Sayaka, she tried to work with Kyoko, she's trying to save Madoka.

It may seem that Homura has no one but Madoka in her heart, but I don't think that is the case at all.