View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 19:30   Link #835
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Look I never saw any hints that Heathcliff and Asuna may have I thing for one another . They only they was a respect for each others skills and combat abilities.

Season 1 of the not only include vol 1 but also a lot of SS that happend in between the chapters .
Season 2 while be about vol 3 and 4 and may also have at least 1 SS.
Well this just is my opinion.
I didn't say there was either... I just said that I thought that briefly as I was reading.

In Japan... a season is only 12-13 episodes long. That's why when they talk about 24-26 episodes series they call them "two season series" or "2 cour".

But really they can cut at least two of the SS down an episode each. Scilica and Lizbet SS can be only be one episode each. Their useless characters that add nothing to the storyline. They aren't even in the first and third volumes... They have a big role in the 2nd volume only because it's about them. The fourth volume has them at the end and only for a little bit as a way of closing their story-lines down and giving the fans a little explanation about what they have been doing since they were freed. Literally they add nothing to the story at all except to maybe add to the one-sided harem.

Actually you don't have to add them in, just show them briefly at the end like in the novels and then make a couple of OVAs about them.

Hell Shino has more scenes in the series and she doesn't even show up until the 5th volume. You can actually do without them, but since they already put them in then you can condense their story-lines to one episode and forget about them.

Yui is a little more important since she's in practically every volume after the second.

So, that leaves just the main storyline. That can be condensed rather nicely into a 10-12 episode season.

ALO is a two volume arc, but really you can get rid of a lot of the garbage in it. there is whole section in the 6th volume that has no real importance other than to set up for a SS later on [Elephant faced Jelly-fish?]. You can drop that whole section and have Lyfa and Kirito get to the main city without it... You would drop almost half that volume and not even miss a thing story-wise.

Bam! ALO 10-12 episodes.... DONE! No problem.

Seriously, people lack imagination if they think that putting the SAO and ALO arcs together will be crappy... And best of all, no crappy fillers that distract from the main story and break up the momentum.
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote