View Single Post
Old 2008-06-12, 06:44   Link #82
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I'm not asking them to grill him about his past but eventually it will have to brought up. If you care about someone its natural to want to know about their past. Asking straightforward questions should not be some great taboo. If the person doesn't want to answer then they don't have to. If simply asking the question destroys the relationship then the relationship wasn't a strong one to begin with. I think eventually the show will put him in some sort of event that cause him to finally open up but I don't think that asking outright before hand wouldn't have been better. He might not open up right away but letting him know that they care is important. Alto doesn't seem to be a person to hate others just because they want to know more about him.
I quit. I see no possibility to convince you and I don't any necessity to do so since I see your approach makes some sense. Of course I still think Sheryl has the best method.

Quote:
We seen Ranka on the phone with Alto we knows she talks openly with him. They don't yet have a relationship where they are completely open with each other. Alto has lied to Ranka on a few occasions about him being with Sheryl. We have yet to see the opposite. So I don't know if he actually treats them equally.
I also see Ranka has no interest in him. Have you ever seen Ranka ask any question about Alto? Never, she is only interested in telling about herself over and over again. If she never asks about Alto, she never push the button.

I always hate hearing people tell Alto lying to Ranka and poor Ranka-chan is hurt. Does Ranka force him to lie? Does Ranka lie to him first? Let me repeat my infamous opinion one more time, Ranka deserves being lied. If she wants an answer, asking it honestly. After all, Mikhail gets all the truth when he wants a similar answer from Alto. If you want to say someone in fault in this case, it's the one who use asymmetric information to her advantage.

Oh, I nearly forgot to ask. Where is your real-friend-ask-direct-question theory now?
Quote:
Well it definitely wasn't the only reason. She had the opportunity to play a major character in the movie and also get some much needed acting experience. Was it still a reason that she took the part in the end, certainly. If you think it would have been a negative character development then Sheryl's kiss would have been also negative. Did she just use the situation Alto and Ranka were in to steal a quick kiss? She obviously showed signs of knowing that Ranka has feelings for Alto. All's fair is love and war in my book. So I don't judge either negatively because of it.
If there is more than kissing Alto, our assumption doesn't hold here so it's not a negative develpment. You get it?

If Sheryl kisses Alto only for the sake of stealing a kiss, it's a negative character development for her. Is it worthy to be a question? Even with the new title of Super-Sheryl-Biased(a homage to Westlo), I don't deny a fact.