View Single Post
Old 2007-04-19, 18:26   Link #67
CessBlue

I don't get everybody's distaste of the character design. I was thrown back a bit in the first few minutes, but then I got used to it and thought it was kind of cute. And the color palette isn't bad too. At least it is not super bright (which is ever so annoying).

Now onto the story... The whole premise of the Wisest World War is weak (or is that the fault of the translation) and the moves were not over the top fantastic jaw-dropping quality. You know how the first episode is suppose to draw you into awesomeness of the mechs, well it didn't do that. They built it up and when he finally gets in there to pilot the thing, what does he do? Something not too impressive, in my opinion. They need a new choreographer or something.

And I like how his opponents gets back stories, but their lines during the battle were without purpose and meaning. It didn't add anything to the story and detracted from the battle. I almost wanted to skip that part. Maybe it was just delivered wrong.

And you know how they tried to give him a purpose in piloting the mech? Well, that went wrong too. The commander said that he's doing it for himself. From watching it, it seems like he's doing it for the girl (because he promised her). I think he admits this in the end. I would be fine if he did it for the girl, but somehow they didn't pull it off and it just seemed awkward.

If I have another good thing to say about this, it's the music. It's great. The ups and down and the way it is used. I love it. One redeeming quality of this anime.

As it stands, I am still ambivalent about this anime. Let's see how episode 3 and 4 play out.